Have you ever thought about Noah?

I am taking an Old Testament class this semester, and our reading for this week was discussing Noah and the ark. My professor shared these powerful images with us, and I realized that I had not fully weighed the magnitude of the event even though I have heard the story most of my life. It was not 2 animals of each kind wandering aimlessly onto a boat like we sang about at girls camp, but an utter destruction of the World except for Noah and his family who were spared because Noah was the ONLY man not wicked who would harken unto the Lord. I cannot even imagine the lonliness and despair Noah must have felt as he watched everything in his life be destroeyd and wiped out. I feel that way sometimes now as I watch those I love choose to turn away from the Lord. But I also love the promise that if we choose to be like Noah and listen to the Lord, he can protect us from the figurative floods in our own lives. Things that may threaten to destro us or take us away from the Lord, we can combat by keeping the commandments and we will have his protection. What a wonderful promise. What have you learned about the flood and the Lord's love for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog